Who are we?
You may know us as the Fire and Water Cleanup and Restoration Company. But did you know that there are over 20 services that we can provide. The team at SERVPRO of Fresno Northwest is ready to help you at a moment’s notice 24/7/365. A few of the other services that we provide include…
Our team here at SERVPRO of Fresno Northwest can help you with whatever disaster that you may have. We are locally owned and operated, and ready to serve you.
Whether you are a homeowner, business owner, property manager, or first responder we are here for you. There is no disaster that is too large or too small that we can't handle. From our trained and uniformed crews to our professional restoration consultants, the cleanup team at SERVPRO of Fresno Northwest is here to help make your disaster, "Like it never even happened." For more information on how we can help you be prepared or for a consultation please call us at (559) 261-9765
Restoring your commercial property
Flooding and water damage events at your Fresno commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Fresno Northwest
SERVPRO of Fresno Northwest specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Fire engulfs an automotive supply shop, destroying inventory consisting of mainly shocks, struts, starters, alternators, and batteries. The fire ignited due to a chemical container failure affecting surrounding items.
You may think that fire damage like this would put them out of business, but you'd be wrong. Replacing inventory is relatively easy, the hard decision here is locating a quality company to perform the services you need to restore the structure of your building. There are several unique challenges faced during different fire situations, and we have experience dealing with all of them.
SERVPRO technicians overcome various cleaning challenges, daily. A burning building consists of several complex reactions between different elements. We learn that fire damage presents different cleaning and restoration situations that depend greatly on how these different elements interact during the progress of a fire. When dealing with the removal of smoke residues, we consider several factors.
Type - More porous surfaces allow particles and odors to penetrate further and are harder to clean. Non-porous surfaces such as those covered in enamel paint are easier to clean than a flat latex paint would be. While synthetic fibers attract more residue than natural fibers, synthetics are easier to clean.
Age - As time progresses, old paint, fabrics, and carpeting become more porous, and adhesion to surfaces become weaker, making old surfaces harder to clean.
Heat - Generally, hotter fires make surfaces expand, allowing residue and odors to penetrate more efficiently. While heat also chars materials or melts the finish on a surface, making refinishing required to restore the surface properly.
Moisture - The right conditions help residues set faster and permanently stain surfaces. Fire suppression systems and Firefighting efforts, along with damp weather and normal condensation on various surfaces combine with smoke residues, causing surfaces to become discolored.
Material - Different materials produce different kinds of residues. Synthetic materials such as plastics and rubber create a wet, smeary residue that stains surfaces. Wood and other natural materials leave behind a dry residue that is easier to clean.
Air Pressure - As the temperature of fire increases, air expands, creating pressure systems that force smoke and soot into cracks and crevices.
Impingement - During a fire, the surrounding air becomes hotter, causing increased movement. This fast moving air collides with surfaces throughout the structure, causing residues to collide with vertical surfaces, leaving behind more difficult stains.
With knowledge of these different factors that cause changes during a fire event, SERVPRO technicians work hard to deliver the services you need to restore your business to a quality preloss condition.
Contact SERVPRO of Fresno Northwest 559-261-9765
What can you do until help arrives.
- Increase grade: The earth around the home should be sloped away from the house to divert water away. Very simply, borrow earth from three feet away from the structure, and toss it against the side of the house thus creating the slope.
- Clean rain gutters: Schedule a licensed professional to clean gutters annually. A clogged rain gutter can send water cascading down the exterior wall, which can result in water entering the interior walls.
- Divert down spouts: In a quick run to the local hardware store, homeowners can find a black, plastic corrugated 6-inch hose that fits around the base of the downspout. This device carries water away from the house, preventing it from seeping down into the foundation.
- Roof maintenance: Where rain is concerned, the roof is the first line of defense. One small tear in a rubber membrane or crack in a tin roof, or compromise in the plywood structure of the roof can prove disastrous for the entire interior of the home. But regular maintenance can preserve the life of the roof. Have a roofer check out your home every five years.
- Window repairs: Proper window installation and maintenance is imperative. Modern windows are fitted with wells and drains designed to help direct water outside the house. Improper caulking can prove disastrous by sending water into the house that should be draining away from the window.
- Sweep away debris: Especially during spring and fall seasons, when the area’s great trees emit pollen in tumble weed fashion and drop their leaves in mass, it is critical to diligently sweep outdoor surfaces weekly, especially patios and door wells to prevent the collection of debris clogging exterior drains.
It's the water you do see.
Even small water damages have the potential to cause serious structural and indoor air quality issues over time. The key to avoiding costly future restoration is to handle every water problem as a real threat to your property. SERVPRO of Fresno Northwest has the equipment, training and experience to find and dry unseen water before secondary damages occur. The proper equipment makes a measurable difference in reducing the damage expense during a fire or water loss. When time matters, technology and equipment must be counted on to perform. Your local SERVPRO of Fresno Northwest will answer your call with fast action and a full arsenal of drying equipment. From evasive & non-evasive moisture meters, air movers and dehumidifiers, too Ultra Low-Volume (ULV) Foggers that atomize liquid deodorizing agents, producing a fine mist that can easily penetrate the site where odor-causing residues may accumulate. This device can also be used to inject fungicides and disinfectants into wall cavities and other hard-to-reach areas.
When a storm hits Fresno or Clovis call SERVPRO!
SERVPRO of Fresno Northwest specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Fresno or Clovis, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call SERVPRO of Fresno Northwest, 559-261-9765
What to do until help arrives
Water damage on property can happen from blocked drains, broken pipes, malfunctioning appliances, storms, sewage backups and flood waters. In every scenario, the nature of the damage will dictate the appropriate treatment. But whatever the cause of the water damage, the promise of restoration will depend largely on the speed with which the premises and personal property can be dried. Some emergency restoration services may be carried out by property owners themselves until professional help arrives.
- Remember that water does not have to be contaminated to cause damage but that even clean water can generate mildew, mold and other bacterial growth if neglected. Therefore, it becomes very important to ventilate the wet areas as soon as possible. The safest way of doing this is to open all windows for maximum airflow. This will help remove some of the moisture and circulate air around the premises.
- Shut off the electrical supply to the affected area to prevent the risk of electrical hazards such as getting electrocuted.
- Carefully start removing standing water from flat surfaces by sponging, mopping or blotting. When doing so, it is absolutely crucial to wear protective covering especially if the water is contaminated. This includes rubber gloves, boots as well as face masks. Remove saturated rugs, carpets and other porous materials. In case of clean water, carpets may be saved when cleaned and disinfected professionally but will need to be discarded if water damage is from contaminated water.
- Open drawers and cabinet doors for interior drying without forcing to open any stuck surfaces.
- A useful tip is to freeze important documents and books to retard mildew growth until proper drying can be performed.
- Call SERVPRO of Fresno Northwest to help.
Do you know what to do if a pipe breaks?
A broken pipe, and the water damage cleanup it causes is a nightmare for every homeowner or office manager. Even a broken sink pipe with a small amount of water can do significant damage in a short -period of time. Do you know what to do?
The first thing that you should do is find the source of the water damage and stop the flow of additional water from entering your home. The more water the bigger the water damage cleanup and more extensive the problem. It's easy to figure out when you've left a faucet on or the supply line on the toilet broke. What if you have a broken pipe that has burst that can’t be seen, you must turn off the water supply to your home as quickly as possible. The water main is often in your front yard under a cement plate designated “Water”.
Then call SERVPRO of Fresno Northwest to begin the mitigation. 559-261-9765
Thunder Storm Safety
A thunderstorm is considered severe if it produces hail at least 1 inch in diameter or has wind gusts of at least 58 miles per hour. Every thunderstorm produces lightning, which kills more people each year than tornadoes or hurricanes. Heavy rain from thunderstorms can cause flash flooding, and high winds can damage homes and blow down trees and utility poles, causing widespread power outages.
Know the Difference
Severe Thunderstorm Watch - Severe thunderstorms are possible in and near the watch area. Stay informed and be ready to act if a severe thunderstorm warning is issued.
Severe Thunderstorm Warning - Severe weather has been reported by spotters or indicated by radar. Warnings indicate imminent danger to life and property.
Every year people are killed or seriously injured by severe thunderstorms despite advance warning. While some did not hear the warning, others heard the warning and did not pay attention to it. The information in this section, combined with timely watches and warnings about severe weather, may help save lives.
SERVPRO's quick response to water damage
If water damage of any kind has occurred in your home, it is important to take action as soon as possible. When it comes to plaster and drywall becoming wet, some problems arise. Mold growth can begin, framing wood splits and swells, and the structural integrity of your home weakens. Even if you see just minor bubbling, spots, or peeling, you want to move fast, so the problem does not become much larger.
When you need water removal in your Fresno home, no wall is safe from damages that can occur if they got wet during the disaster. In particular, drywall is at risk to weaken and even collapse. It also many times needs to be replaced, as it is not always repairable. The structure around drywall can also be affected in cases where the damage is severe.
SERVPRO, a professional water removal and restoration company, is always standing by to help when you need. In a situation that involves water, we understand that time is of the essence and arrive at your home quickly so we can assess the damages and begin cleanup right away.
Water ruins plaster as well. It is not resistant to dampness and therefore is easily affected. It is fortunately easy to remove and replace when needed.
At SERVPRO, we also check any brickwork in your home for signs of water damage. If it has not been correctly sealed, the porous cement used can absorb excess water and start crumbling. If it has been compromised, we extract the water before we repair it.
To extract the water from the various surfaces and walls, we bring in industrial strength equipment including truck-mounted pumps, dehumidifiers, moisture meters to find hidden water in your walls, and fans. After the standing water is out we take care of placing the equipment around the affected areas to ensure optimal drying time.
SERVPRO of Fresno Northwest is experienced in finding hidden water damage inside walls. If your home or business has suffered from a water disaster, contact us right away at (559) 261-9765 so we can extract the water and thoroughly dry and repair what is necessary.