If Your Home Has Mold
Water damage can be a harrowing ordeal to go through. If not handled by a professional, these situations can lead to secondary damages that can be hard to see or detect right away.
The biggest and most frightening of these damages is mold.
At the first sign of mold, most homeowners become concerned about how it will affect the structure of their houses as well as their family's health. Mold is a serious matter, and being proactive about fixing the problem will save you time, money, and stress.
If your Fresno, Coarsegold,or Oakhurst home has mold damage, it's wise to work with a professional instead of trying to clean up the problem on your own. Give the Professionals at SERVPRO of Fresno Northwest a call 559-261-9765
Mold in your Home?
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
Give SERVPRO of Fresno Northwest a call today 559-261-9765
Water Damage in your Commercial Building?
As a small shop owner, you would benefit from taking a little time to educate yourself about the information and services that our company provides concerning commercial water damage restoration. Doing so could mean the difference between getting the services that you need to save a majority of your inventory from total loss and obtaining the incorrect services that simply don't do you any good.
Our professional technicians will make sure that you are properly informed throughout your repair and work hard to get it done right. It is our goal to limit any possible downtime and inconvenience to your daily customers.
- 24-Hour Emergency Services
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Water Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Water Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Water Inspection, Extraction, and Drying Equipment
Water can create many kinds of damage to your business
Accidents happen, and regardless of the cause, it is how we respond to them that matters. Commercial water damage is no different, and your response can impact the result your business experiences, no matter what type of commerce you are involved in. SERVPRO of Fresno Northwest is experienced in helping business owners and managers bring their businesses back from disaster, no matter how large or small the business.
Fresno businesses affect by commercial water damage can benefit from professional services in cleaning up, and the first step in getting everything back to normal. Professional services should be used instead of doing things yourself. Safety, thoroughness, and knowing which steps to take and when inherent benefits are that SERVPRO offers. We do what we do so you can get back to your business operations fast.
Inventory that has been damaged needs to be documented so you can be reimbursed by your insurance company. We can assist with this so that the process is smoother for you. However, our goal is to restore as much of your inventory as possible. In addition to reducing the losses you need to claim, it also reduces your wait time in purchasing and receiving replacement goods. This is especially important when seasonal or promotional items are involved. Not having the merchandise your customers want means they can go elsewhere, resulting in lost sales and plummeting profits.
If your business experiences a water loss; you can count on the professionals at SERVPRO of Fresno Northwest to help.
Mold in your home or condo?
Mold damage can be a problem in your Fresno home even without storm damage or an appliance malfunction or leak. Mold needs moisture and organic materials to grow, and the humid conditions often present in our community, with or without severe weather, can encourage the growth of this family of fungi inside your home.
If you discover mold growth in your Fresno condo or home contact SERVPRO of Fresno Northwest for an expert consultation followed by an effective remediation plan to eliminate the musty odors and damaging effects these organisms can have on your home’s structures, furnishings, and personal belongings.
- 24-hour emergency services
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Protecting your Business
As many as 50% of businesses may never recover following a disaster, according to the latest industry research. Of the businesses that survive, the overwhelming majority of them had a preparedness plan in place. Pre-planning can serve as an insurance policy aimed at peace of mind. By developing a SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile for your business, you minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action. Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance is the key to timely mitigation and can help minimize how water and fire damage can affect your business. Preparation is a key component for making it through any size disaster, whether it’s a small water leak, a large fire or an area flood. The best time for planning for such events is not when the event happens, but well before it happens. No one ever plans on a disaster, but you can plan for it. Now is the time to ask yourself, “Are you ready for whatever could happen?” Give the professionals at SERVPRO of Fresno Northwest a call today for a No-cost Assessment on your building 559-261-9765.
Picking up the pieces after a fire.
Your own and your family’s emotional care and recovery are just as important as rebuilding a home and healing physical injuries. You may be surprised at how you and others may feel after a disaster. Disasters can stir up many different feelings and thoughts. People may experience fear concerning their safety or that of a loved one, shock, disbelief, grief, anger and guilt. Memory problems, anxiety and/or depression are also possible after experiencing a disaster. Disasters are upsetting experiences for everyone involved. Children, senior citizens, people with disabilities and people for whom English is not their first language are especially at risk. Children may become afraid and some elderly people may seem disoriented at first. People with disabilities may require additional assistance. It is important to let children and elderly people know that they are safe and that you will help them find a safe place to stay. It is also important that you try to talk with them in a calm way.
Call SERVPRO of Fresno Northwest to take care of all the clean up 559-261-9765
What to do when there is a fire?
- Know how to safely operate a fire extinguisher
- Remember to GET OUT, STAY OUT and CALL 9-1-1 or your local emergency phone number.
- Yell "Fire!" several times and go outside right away. If you live in a building with elevators, use the stairs. Leave all your things where they are and save yourself.
- If closed doors or handles are warm or smoke blocks your primary escape route, use your second way out. Never open doors that are warm to the touch.
- If you must escape through smoke, get low and go under the smoke to your exit. Close doors behind you.
- If smoke, heat or flames block your exit routes, stay in the room with doors closed. Place a wet towel if possible under the door and call the fire department or 9-1-1. Open a window and wave a brightly colored cloth or flashlight to signal for help.
- Once you are outside, go to your meeting place and then send one person to call the fire department. If you cannot get to your meeting place, follow your family emergency communication plan.
When Storms Hit!
SERVPRO of Fresno Northwest specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When Storms hit weather your in Fresno and Clovis, or in the mountains of Oakhurst and Coarsgold, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call SERVPRO of Fresno Northwest, 559-261-9765
How to protect your home
- Increase grade: The earth around the home should be sloped away from the house to divert water away. Very simply, borrow earth from three feet away from the structure, and toss it against the side of the house thus creating the slope.
- Clean rain gutters: Schedule a licensed professional to clean gutters annually. A clogged rain gutter can send water cascading down the exterior wall, which can result in water entering the interior walls.
- Divert down spouts: In a quick run to the local hardware store, homeowners can find a black, plastic corrugated 6-inch hose that fits around the base of the downspout. This device carries water away from the house, preventing it from seeping down into the foundation.
- Roof maintenance: Where rain is concerned, the roof is the first line of defense. One small tear in a rubber membrane or crack in a tin roof, or compromise in the plywood structure of the roof can prove disastrous for the entire interior of the home. But regular maintenance can preserve the life of the roof. Have a roofer check out your home every five years.
- Window repairs: Proper window installation and maintenance is imperative. Modern windows are fitted with wells and drains designed to help direct water outside the house. Improper caulking can prove disastrous by sending water into the house that should be draining away from the window.
- Sweep away debris: Especially during spring and fall seasons, when the area’s great trees emit pollen in tumble weed fashion and drop their leaves in mass, it is critical to diligently sweep outdoor surfaces weekly, especially patios and door wells to prevent the collection of debris clogging exterior drains.