Water can create many kinds of damage to your business
Accidents happen, and regardless of the cause, it is how we respond to them that matters. Commercial water damage is no different, and your response can impact the result your business experiences, no matter what type of commerce you are involved in. SERVPRO of Fresno Northwest is experienced in helping business owners and managers bring their businesses back from disaster, no matter how large or small the business.
Fresno businesses affect by commercial water damage can benefit from professional services in cleaning up, and the first step in getting everything back to normal. Professional services should be used instead of doing things yourself. Safety, thoroughness, and knowing which steps to take and when inherent benefits are that SERVPRO offers. We do what we do so you can get back to your business operations fast.
Inventory that has been damaged needs to be documented so you can be reimbursed by your insurance company. We can assist with this so that the process is smoother for you. However, our goal is to restore as much of your inventory as possible. In addition to reducing the losses you need to claim, it also reduces your wait time in purchasing and receiving replacement goods. This is especially important when seasonal or promotional items are involved. Not having the merchandise your customers want means they can go elsewhere, resulting in lost sales and plummeting profits.
If your business experiences a water loss; you can count on the professionals at SERVPRO of Fresno Northwest to help.
Mold in your home or condo?
Mold damage can be a problem in your Fresno home even without storm damage or an appliance malfunction or leak. Mold needs moisture and organic materials to grow, and the humid conditions often present in our community, with or without severe weather, can encourage the growth of this family of fungi inside your home.
If you discover mold growth in your Fresno condo or home contact SERVPRO of Fresno Northwest for an expert consultation followed by an effective remediation plan to eliminate the musty odors and damaging effects these organisms can have on your home’s structures, furnishings, and personal belongings.
- 24-hour emergency services
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Protecting your Business
As many as 50% of businesses may never recover following a disaster, according to the latest industry research. Of the businesses that survive, the overwhelming majority of them had a preparedness plan in place. Pre-planning can serve as an insurance policy aimed at peace of mind. By developing a SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile for your business, you minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action. Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance is the key to timely mitigation and can help minimize how water and fire damage can affect your business. Preparation is a key component for making it through any size disaster, whether it’s a small water leak, a large fire or an area flood. The best time for planning for such events is not when the event happens, but well before it happens. No one ever plans on a disaster, but you can plan for it. Now is the time to ask yourself, “Are you ready for whatever could happen?” Give the professionals at SERVPRO of Fresno Northwest a call today for a No-cost Assessment on your building 559-261-9765.
Picking up the pieces after a fire.
Your own and your family’s emotional care and recovery are just as important as rebuilding a home and healing physical injuries. You may be surprised at how you and others may feel after a disaster. Disasters can stir up many different feelings and thoughts. People may experience fear concerning their safety or that of a loved one, shock, disbelief, grief, anger and guilt. Memory problems, anxiety and/or depression are also possible after experiencing a disaster. Disasters are upsetting experiences for everyone involved. Children, senior citizens, people with disabilities and people for whom English is not their first language are especially at risk. Children may become afraid and some elderly people may seem disoriented at first. People with disabilities may require additional assistance. It is important to let children and elderly people know that they are safe and that you will help them find a safe place to stay. It is also important that you try to talk with them in a calm way.
Call SERVPRO of Fresno Northwest to take care of all the clean up 559-261-9765
What to do when there is a fire?
- Know how to safely operate a fire extinguisher
- Remember to GET OUT, STAY OUT and CALL 9-1-1 or your local emergency phone number.
- Yell "Fire!" several times and go outside right away. If you live in a building with elevators, use the stairs. Leave all your things where they are and save yourself.
- If closed doors or handles are warm or smoke blocks your primary escape route, use your second way out. Never open doors that are warm to the touch.
- If you must escape through smoke, get low and go under the smoke to your exit. Close doors behind you.
- If smoke, heat or flames block your exit routes, stay in the room with doors closed. Place a wet towel if possible under the door and call the fire department or 9-1-1. Open a window and wave a brightly colored cloth or flashlight to signal for help.
- Once you are outside, go to your meeting place and then send one person to call the fire department. If you cannot get to your meeting place, follow your family emergency communication plan.
When Storms Hit!
SERVPRO of Fresno Northwest specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When Storms hit weather your in Fresno and Clovis, or in the mountains of Oakhurst and Coarsgold, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call SERVPRO of Fresno Northwest, 559-261-9765
How to protect your home
- Increase grade: The earth around the home should be sloped away from the house to divert water away. Very simply, borrow earth from three feet away from the structure, and toss it against the side of the house thus creating the slope.
- Clean rain gutters: Schedule a licensed professional to clean gutters annually. A clogged rain gutter can send water cascading down the exterior wall, which can result in water entering the interior walls.
- Divert down spouts: In a quick run to the local hardware store, homeowners can find a black, plastic corrugated 6-inch hose that fits around the base of the downspout. This device carries water away from the house, preventing it from seeping down into the foundation.
- Roof maintenance: Where rain is concerned, the roof is the first line of defense. One small tear in a rubber membrane or crack in a tin roof, or compromise in the plywood structure of the roof can prove disastrous for the entire interior of the home. But regular maintenance can preserve the life of the roof. Have a roofer check out your home every five years.
- Window repairs: Proper window installation and maintenance is imperative. Modern windows are fitted with wells and drains designed to help direct water outside the house. Improper caulking can prove disastrous by sending water into the house that should be draining away from the window.
- Sweep away debris: Especially during spring and fall seasons, when the area’s great trees emit pollen in tumble weed fashion and drop their leaves in mass, it is critical to diligently sweep outdoor surfaces weekly, especially patios and door wells to prevent the collection of debris clogging exterior drains.
Simple Step to Prevent Commercial Electrical Fires
As industry experts know, commercial electrical fires can be very dangerous and costly. When a commercial fire occurs, it can lead to the injury or death of the employees or customers present. Additionally, electrical fires can result in major property loss. SERVPRO of Fresno Northwest, a premier fire damage restoration company, will respond immediately to get you back in business. Luckily, most of these fires are preventable and can also be contained through maintenance of fixtures, employee training, and the facilitation of greater awareness regarding work hazards. Learn more about how to identify electrical hazards and reduce the incidence of a commercial fire by reading the following information:
Recognizing the Warning Signs
Electrical distribution systems contain several complex elements. These elements are capable of exposing commercial buildings to fire risks. Some of the areas of concern are:
- Corroded Wiring: Wiring that is old or defective can cause electrical fires. Although all wiring can start to break down at some point, the wiring exposed to corrosive substances or the outdoor environment is subject to faster degradation. Industrial facilities, multi-tenant warehouses, and farms should be attentive to their wiring given that it can be subject to extreme exposure to the elements.
- Circuits and Fuses: Tripped circuits and blown fuses are signs of overloaded outlets or circuits. These circuits and outlets can generate overheating and result in combustion leading to commercial electrical fires.
- Hot Spots: Overloaded circuits, corroded wires or connectors, loose connections, faulty fuses, imbalanced electrical loading, short circuits, switches, and breakers can generate "hot spots". This is the result of the excessive heat that builds up within the electrical panels. Infrared thermal imaging can be operated to locate these hot spots, repairs can then be done preventing electrical shortages or breakdowns that lead to fires. Small business owners can hire licensed electricians to complete the inspection.
Electrical Distribution Equipment
Periodically, electrical distribution equipment needs to be inspected and tested. The equipment should also periodically undergo thermal imaging. This work should be completed by a licensed professional. Some of the equipment requiring inspection includes:
- electrical panels, switchboards, and switchgear
- circuit breakers
- relays and contactors
- disconnect switches
- motor controls
The Fire Marshall periodically visits commercial buildings checking the fire extinguishers' expiration dates. The overhead sprinkler system, fire exit lighted signs and safe egress from the commercial building are all inspected. Prevention is the key.
Fire damage can be especially devastating for a business or commercial property. Significant water damage can be an unintended result of extinguishing a commercial fire. The fire suppression system of a commercial building (overhead fire sprinkler system) can also cause a large amount of water damage. Commercial business owners know that electrical fires negatively affect their property, the operation of the business, and the loss of revenue. However, the information above can help you take strides towards preventing these fires from happening. In the event that you find your commercial space affected by a fire, electrical or otherwise, you should know who to call to help facilitate the remediation process. As a company with extensive experience in restoring property affected by electrical fires, the professionals of SERVPRO of Fresno Northwest can provide you with the detailed assistance necessary to get your business space in working order. Contact us today for professional, personalized service.
Commercial Building Restoration Services
SERVPRO of Fresno Northwest responds quickly to your Fresno or Clovis water, fire or mold damage emergency, 24 hours a day. Whether the damage occurs in a small business building or a big box store, we have the training, experience, and equipment to handle the situation.
protecting your Commercial Property from A Fire
Commercial fires in your Fresno or Clovis business are often the most devastating reality that a property owner will have to oversee. In addition to wreaking havoc on your property, fires can force you to relocate temporarily so you can maintain running your business while the restoration process is completed. However, property owners who access and implement high-quality safety practices can often avoid the devastation and destruction that results from commercial fires. Read the brief outline provided below to learn how you can protect your property:
Conduct Fire Emergency Escape plan
As kid’s we practice an emergency escape plan at school, why don’t we as adults in the work pace.
Keep all combustible chemicals and materials away from heat-generating and electrical equipment.
Inspect your power sources regularly and don't overload your extension cords and outlets.
Teach your employees how to operate the fire extinguisher.
Other issues that should be involved in the training include:
• Breathing Apparatus Training
• First Aid Training
Call SERVPRO Immediately
Although accessing and utilizing fire prevention measures is crucial and advantageous, there is still a chance that a fire could break out on your commercial property. If this happens, you need to know who to call for fast, efficient restoration services. The company to trust is SERVPRO of Fresno Northwest where we have extensive industry experience and a passion for restoring offices to their original condition. We're ready to assist you immediately, 559-261-9765
Mold Damage tips
In as little as 48 hours, mold can quickly become a problem in your home or business when there’s a water intrusion, like a roof leak or leaking water line. Mold can cause health effects and can also cause significant damage to your property. SERVPRO of Fresno Northwest Professionals have the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem.
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
Stay out of affected areas.
Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
Contact the Professionals at SERVPRO of Fresno Northwest for mold remediation services.
What NOT to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.