Fire Damage from a Laundry Mat Shop in Fresno
During the summer, we got a call from a laundry mat shop in Fresno. There was a fire in the shop that was cause by a dirty rag that was put in the dryer. The rag has flammable substance in it that cause the fire inside the dryer. The fire burnt the dryer and damage two more additional dryers. When the fire grew, it affected and burnt the drywall above the dryer. Sprinklers went off and the fire department came and distinguish the fire. Smoke went all over the store, it damage the ceiling, the vent and left soot on the other machines. The owner called SERVPRO Fresno Northwest, we went there as soon as possible to asses the situation. This was major clean up disaster. We remove the wall that has the fire damage, HepaVac the ventilation, cleaned the windows and remove soot out of all the washer and dryer. Also treated all the walls to remove the smoke stain and the smell. We cleaned the ceiling and remove a huge lint. The lint was accumulated thru the years behind the dryer wall. The restroom has smoke damage that we end up cleaning as well. It took us days to get this shop back to normal. After we were done the owner was pleased with the job that we have accomplished.